Maybe you are in a chilly place with snow and ice and wind. I ENVY YOU! I know, grass is always greener on the other side. I will be in Miami for Christmas which means it will be about 80 degrees on Christmas day – not exactly a winter wonderland. And, since I live in California, I am REALLY jonesing for some snow. I guess I will just have to make do. Of course, there are good and bad to every side. So here I have listed some of the pros and cons of a warm weather Christmas.
- No snow!!! Boooo
- No bundling up in cute scarves or hats or sweaters. BORING
- What day is it? It’s hard to remember that it’s Christmas when everyone is walking around in shorts.
- No sledding, skiing, snowshoeing.
- No cozy fire. I don’t know anyone in Miami who has a fireplace!
- A warm cup of cocoa or mulled wine doesn’t really make sense.
- The Christmas tree and wreaths wilt faster in the heat.
- Warm and sunny weather makes everyone happy! It’s true. Dark and gloomy can make you sad and low energy.
- You can eat outside – breakfast, lunch – whatever!
- No hassles – driving is easy – no chance of scary black ice, no putting on 4 layers of clothes just to step out the door. And no mud tracked through the house.
- Christmas Lights! Floridians go crazy with the lights to compensate for the non-Christmasy weather.
- Swimming and sunbathing! Not a bad way to spend the holiday.
- Walking the dog is easy – because you’re not freezing your ass off.
- You can wear that cute evening dress and not worry about finding a coat to go over it or worrying about your heels getting ruined by the weather. Plus, your bare legs aren’t freezing!
I was fair and did equal pros and cons so you can decide which is better. In fact, leave a comment what you like better – A white Christmas or a Warm Christmas!